PHP Quebec was an educational and entertaining conference as expected. The PHP Quebec User Group does a great job organizing the conference each year.
My talk, Agile PHP Testing, was very well received. I think KISS might be the missing ingredient that we need to ignite a testing revolution in the PHP community. Most people who approached me after the talk appreciated the simplicity of using test-more.php with no testing framework at all. I think they also appreciated knowing that using TAP allows them to "upgrade" later.
Although the slides are much less valuable without commentary, a PDF is available:
Here are the other slides that have been posted (to my knowledge):
- quebec_security.pdf (Ilia Alshanetsky)
- quebec_PDO.pdf (Ilia Alshanetsky)
- php-quebec_copyright-contracts-licenses-etc.pdf (Zak Greant)
- 2006-03-31-sqlite-session.pdf (Zak Greant)
- php-6-and-unicode.pdf (Andrei Zmievski)
- php-gtk-2.pdf (Andrei Zmievski)
- time-qc2006.pdf (Derick Rethans)
- xdebug-qc2006.pdf (Derick Rethans)
- 200603_quebec_xml.pdf (Marcus Boerger)
- 200603_quebec_spl.pdf (Marcus Boerger)
- talks.php.net/show/yul (Rasmus Lerdorf)
- xml_enc_and_auth.ppt (Rob Richards)
- adv_xml_and_web_srv.ppt (Rob Richards)
I've also posted my pictures from the conference. If you look closely, you'll see a t-shirt of Wezzy Wezbourne that was quite popular (and funny).
Au revoir et merci!