Hi, I’m Chris.
I’m a husband, father, entrepreneur, community leader, author, speaker, and amateur adventure athlete.
My wife Christina is a high school teacher and avid runner. We’ve been together since 1997 and married since 2001.
In 2015, we moved from Brooklyn to Boulder with our kids, Tegan and Killian. Later that year, Riley was born. We’re now a family of five enjoying life in the mountains.
Labors of Love
- Matter Neuroscience
- A biotech company exploring the science of happiness
- A web design studio with a penchant for perfectionism
- A coworking studio and creative community in Boulder, Colorado
- Backcountry Club
- An outdoor adventure club for people who work on the internet
- Brooklyn Beta
- A beloved design conference that ran from 2010–2014 (with Cameron Koczon)
- Web Advent
- An Advent calendar for web professionals that ran from 2007–2012 (with Sean Coates)
- A tiny tome on typography for the now-defunct Little Printer (with Christopher Murphy)
- The Great Discontent
- The mother of all interviews.
- Creative Bloq
- Tanya Combrinck asked me a few questions about Summer Camp, a designer fund and startup accelerator.
- Between Screens
- I talked to Ed Wassermann about Brooklyn Beta.
- Technically Brooklyn
- Brady Dale interviewed me about my decision to move from Brooklyn to Boulder.
- Nigel Parker interviewed me at Webstock.
- Development Hell
- I was a guest of the Development Hell podcast hosted by Ed Finkler and Chris Hartjes.
- Voices of the Elephant
- I talked to Cal Evans about PHP, web app security, maps, and more.
- SXSW · Austin, US
- LinuxWorld · Toronto, CA
- Foo Camp · Sebastopol, US
- ApacheCon · Las Vegas, US
- Webstock · Wellington, NZ
- Brooklyn Beta · Brooklyn, US
- Kiwi Foo Camp · Warkworth, NZ
- Future of Web Apps · London, UK
- Smashing Conference · Oxford, UK
- Beyond Tellerrand · Düsseldorf, DE
- Microsoft Web Dev Summit · Redmond, US
- O’Reilly Open Source Convention · Portland, US
ContactSend me an email
Follow me on Twitter