Are you a good PHP developer searching for a cool place to work?
OmniTI (where I work) employs several industry leaders, including Theo Schlossnagle, George Schlossnagle, Laura Thomson, and Wez Furlong. We do lots of interesting, challenging work for some of the largest and most recognizable names on the Internet. Not only do we predominantly use open source technologies, our staff are major contributors to many notable open source projects. In other words, I think this is a really cool place to work. :-)
We're expanding our web application security practice and are looking to hire some experienced PHP developers who are interested in learning all about web application security. We need people who have good communication skills and work well with others, because this is a friendly, collaborative environment. The ideal candidates will also be capable of learning quickly and advancing into more senior roles in the company.
If this sounds exciting to you, please contact me directly or email jobs [at] omniti.com. The official job description follows:
Junior Security AnalystThe Junior Security Analyst role at OmniTI provides a spectacular opportunity for professional development while working on large-scale, mission-critical projects. OmniTI's leadership consists of many published authors, frequent speakers at leading industry conferences, and world-renowned experts, all of which participate in the mentoring of our junior staff.
This is a technical position for an aspiring web application security specialist with a strong background in web development and a desire to work on challenging, security-related projects.
- Auditing of web application code
- Analysis of a diverse set of platforms and environments
- Developing tools to advance the web application security practice
- Engaging in research as necessary to remain ahead of the curve
- College degree in a computer-related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and a thirst for knowledge
- 3 years of professional web development experience
- Comprehensive understanding of programming and programming principles
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols and programming requirements
- Experience with Perl a plus
- Good understanding of web application security concerns
- Experience working with version control systems such as CVS or Subversion
- Good understanding of relational databases (primarily MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle)