Community Support for Brain Bulb22 Mar 2005
Thanks very much for all of the support I have received from the PHP community. It looks like Brain Bulb is off to a good start. I'd like to particularly thank those who helped publicize the announcement:
- Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy, Launches [benramsey.com]
- Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy [phpon.com]
- The Brain Bulb Is Lit [robertpeake.com]
- Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy, Launches... [surripui.net]
- Brain Bulb, The Pure PHP Consultancy [phpmag.net]
- Around the web [alexking.org]
I've received many queries in the first few days, and most of them have been about the PHP security audits. Here are a few of the most common questions and answers (a real FAQ, not a marketing one):
- Q: Can I get an estimate?
- Q: How much does an estimate cost?
A: Estimates are free.
- Q: How long does the audit take?
A: The duration of the audit depends upon many factors. For an application with a clean design, an audit takes about one week per 5,000 lines of code.
- Q: What is your fee?
A: We offer two types of billing structures: hourly and fixed-fee. These are essentially the same, except that a fixed-fee audit has a cap. For full audits, the fee is based on an hourly rate, but it is guaranteed to be within twenty percent of the estimate.
Another common question is whether I am hiring. The answer is no, at least not in the traditional sense. I plan to actively seek out developers that I want to hire rather than the other way around. The best way to get noticed is to contribute to the PHP and open source communities. Selfless contributions reflect well upon your personal character and work ethic.
Update: More community support:
- Community News: Chris Shiflett's Brain Bulb [phpdeveloper.org]
- Brain Bulb [codingmonkeys.biz]