2003 has ended, and since this is the first time that I've had a blog as a new year begins, I have decided to record my personal highlights of last year.
- My first book, HTTP Developer's Handbook, was published
- Moved to NYC and got involved with New York PHP
- Spoke at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention for the first time
- Spoke on a PHP panel with Adam and Dave
- My first article for php|architect was published
- Signed a contract for my first O'Reilly book
- Spoke at ApacheCon for the first time
- Quoted (and misquoted) for the first time
- Quoted (and misquoted) for the second time
- Began the PHP community site project
- My first article for PHP Magazine was published
There are quite a few firsts in that list, and hopefully some of those will yield more highlights for 2004. I met a lot of great people this year at conferences and from working together, and I wish everyone a happy 2004.